Head of Corporate Actions
- Willing to pay above market rate
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Meraki Talent
- 05 Jan 18 2018-01-05
Meraki Talent’s industry leading Financial Services client is seeking a Head of Corporate Actions to be based within their office in Edinburgh.
As well as getting involved in the day to day running of the team, you will report directly into the European Head of Operations and will interact with senior management regularly. This is a key role as you’ll be responsible for the efficient process of all corporate events for assets held on behalf of customers in a timely and accurate manner.
The role holder will also be responsible for ensuring all procedures and systems and controls are kept up to date within the department.
The role requires a candidate with extensive controls focused experience who can demonstrate management of complex operational activities in a high transactional volume, retail focused environment.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Responsible for ensuring all administrative duties related to processing both mandatory and elective corporate events are undertaken within specified deadlines. Management of a multi locational team.
- Support to end customers ensuring the provision of qualitative and timely information in respect of elective and mandatory events
- Accurate and timely process for take up of end client elections for optional corporate events
- Monitoring and ensuring adherence to SLA’s, KPI’s and department procedures.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with any relevant compliance or regulatory requirements with particular focus to ensure adherence to CASS, SYSC and COBs rules.
- Liaising with other departments and clients
- Conduct regular team meetings, 1-2-1 coaching and setting performance objectives.
- Maintain a robust control framework
- Resource management in accordance with the business plan, business volumes, budget etc.
- Root cause analysis of all instances of losses, compensation or any other transactions for the account of the firm to understand why they occurred and to identify and implement any processes to reduce losses / mistakes
Background of the Position:
- Extensive demonstrable experience of senior management role with a financial services background.
- Solid understanding of Corporate Actions
- Knowledge of CASS principles is absolutely essential
- Product knowledge of instruments (mutual funds, equities, fixed income), tax wrapped accounts (ISA, JISA, SIPP) and custody models (CREST, global custody). A working knowledge of CASS rules is a mandatory requirement
- Demonstrable knowledge of CREST and Global Custody models for processing events. Good understanding of data provision from data vendors including EDI, Six Telekurs and Bloomberg