Head of Audit, Finance & HR
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
See job description for details
We're looking for a Head of Audit to join us in Edinburgh
- If you have in-depth knowledge of finance and risk together with industry best practices relating to internal control and risk management, this is an opportunity to join our Internal Audit function as a Head of Audit, Finance and HR
- You'll manage our audit coverage of Finance and Human Resources across the bank, leading your team in auditing the risks associated with implementing ringfencing, and how the bank adapts for Brexit in both functions
- For Finance, you'll consider all external statutory and regulatory financial reporting, plus the budgeting and forecasting process, specifically linking into stress testing and capital planning
- This role offers the chance to be recognised by stakeholders as an influential partner, and to champion and support the delivery of Internal Audit's aim to keep the bank and our customers safe
- You'll be responsible for effectively leading your team, ensuring personal development and employee engagement are paramount
What you'll do
You'll provide independent assurance and contribute to delivering Internal Audit's responsibilities over Finance and Human Resources, designing an effective audit strategy, facilitating its delivery, and reporting opinions. You'll also influence franchise and other functional opinions as the subject matter expert for Finance and Human Resources.
You'll set standards for rigor and efficiency, and make sure that resources are allocated flexibly and effectively within your portfolio. You'll also influence business executives and directors to improve control by providing quality, efficient and effective assurance.
As a senior leader you'll contribute to, and drive, outputs in relation to Internal Audit's strategic initiatives. You'll also build capability and drive a high performance culture.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Making sure that strategic and operational risks across the Finance and HR functions are sufficiently understood, allowing you to deliver a flexible and risk based audit plan that provides independent assurance, and opinions with impact
- Defining and maintaining the audit domain, and informing and supporting the annual audit plan
- Retaining oversight while your team carries out the audits which form your plan, ensuring that both the audits' quality and progress meet the standards expected, and that the testing completed fulfils the scope of the audit plan
- Ensuring effective continuous monitoring is undertaken in support of entity assurance and planning
- Effectively recruiting and managing the performance of your extended team, driving their career development
- Acting and being seen as the Internal Audit key representative for senior stakeholders within your audits and business entity
- Aligning assurance coverage across Internal Audit, working as one team and also aligning work to other assurance providers
- When needed, deputising for the Chief Auditor at key risk governance, programme and stakeholder forums
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a high profile individual with in-depth knowledge of risk, together with industry best practices, relating to internal control and risk management within a complex financial services organisation. You'll also need an excellent understanding of the regulatory requirements relating to the Audit function. You'll also need expert knowledge of financial, regulatory and management reporting. A professional accountancy qualification, or equivalent, is essential for this role.
We'll also be looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to effectively support and supervise your team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach towards identifying and promoting talent
- Proven experience of managing high impact relationships with executive level stakeholders, and confidence when you need to challenge or influence
- A proven ability to deliver challenging and complex projects on time and to budget
- Experience of dealing with key regulators
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.