Global Revenue Associate
- Not Specified
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Finance consists of Finance professionals in disciplines such as Tax, Business Finance, Treasury, Regulatory Reporting, Accounting Operations and Corporate Accounting. Within the Controllers’ Group, the Revenues team record all of Blackrock’s net revenues (gross management fees less retrocessions/client rebates) on a US GAAP basis. The revenue stream is complex and comprises mutual fund ranges as well as separately managed accounts, Private Investor accounts and investments in Collective Trust Funds contracted across numerous legal entities.
The Revenue Associate will be responsible for supporting the Global Revenues team in their revenue postings and analysis.
- Ensure revenue, and any related expense, is recorded properly in accordance with GAAP
- Review and record invoice and accrual entries in the sub-ledger and general ledger
- Analyze monthly revenue numbers and accruals
- Perform invoices, commissions and balance sheet account reconciliations at month end.
- Provide commentary around revenue and debtors analysis (analyzing AUM flows, market movements, adjustments, etc.)
- Provide timely responses to inquiries and special requests.
- Work on special projects including updates of operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure strong controls and procedures are in place in relation to the general ledger.
- The candidate will work with management whose aim is to develop individuals in the team specifically towards their career aspirations
- Opportunity to assist with a range of projects/ad hoc tasks, allowing for variation in role across the SMA team
- Opportunity to demonstrate added value via the continuing improvement of key Revenues processes and activities
- Chance to liaise with & have exposure to many areas of the business within EMEA and on a Global scale
- Provides a strong foundation for further career progression within BlackRock
- Ideally the candidate would have previous experience of working within financial services, ideally within Investment Management
- Experience of accounting systems, processes and controls is also beneficial
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified account CA/ACA/AACA/CIMA preferred
- Proficiency in the full MS-Office suite: particularly MS-Excel. Detailed knowledge and experience of using Excel formulae/look-ups and pivot tables is required and an aptitude for learning new applications
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter, highly numerate, quick learner, team player, with an ability to adjust to change and the desire to take on responsibility is required.
- Strong willingness to learn with a high-level of motivation and adaptability
- Well-organized, methodical and detail orientated with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to synthesize information and summarize key issues
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate in verbal and written form, with all levels of business
- Has the confidence and curiosity to challenge quality/accuracy of data
- Ability to work effectively in a team within a global environment, with global contacts and stakeholders.
- Initiative and confidence to identify potential process improvement opportunities and helping deliver benefit to the business.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.