Financial Reporting Accountant
Description Job Purpose:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Scotland,Edinburgh
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Transaction Processing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19019252
To provide support to the Supervisor in the preparation, review and timely completion of Financial statements for UK Open Ended Investment Companies (OEIC) and Unit Trusts.
The role holder will also undertake reviews of daily processes and support internal projects and process improvements. Job Background/context:
Edinburgh is the centre of operations and service to UK funds industry clients. It has key outsourcing clients and a growing book of clients receiving administration and accounting services. The Edinburgh franchise has a mature distributed model with COE Locations in Warsaw and Gurgaon.
We are looking to recruit an Accountant with strong Financial and Regulatory experience to join a busy team responsible for production of annual and interim financial statements, Fund Accounting regulatory returns and other client reporting (i.e. yields, churning and on-going charges).
The role will also involve fund migrations, implementing change & efficiencies to support this growth. Key Responsibilities:
- Review annual and interim financial statements.
- Review and oversight weekly and monthly client deliverables.
- Own and run whole interim and annual reporting cycles as planned, working with team for successful delivery.
- Involvement in key automation project and continuous process improvements.
- Develop strong, pro-active working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Share specialist knowledge with colleagues and help train as required
- Working closely with other relevant operational peers to ensure that process risks are minimised.
- Look for opportunities for efficiencies and drive new developments and enhancements forward for the team.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing management of the offshoring initiative
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing business with potential for future growth
- Opportunities to develop fund knowledge, communication and management skills.
- To develop relationships with colleagues in Reporting and other Operational Areas
- Opportunity to oversight and govern an offshore team
- Knowledge of the Investment Association Statement of Recommended Practice
- Domain knowledge of Financial Reporting and Tax for Fund Accounting is essential
- Reviewing skills, coaching & giving feedback
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, ability to work under pressure and prioritise within tight deadlines while maintaining total accuracy
- Pragmatism combined with a can-do attitude is a pre-requisite.
- Be qualified to degree standard and working towards a relevant accountancy qualification
- Or; have sound business knowledge and experience of financial services and OEIC accounting.
- Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) desirable
- People skills
- Client focused
- Responsible for actions
- Structured and organised
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer