Financial Control Vice President
- Competitive with excellent benefits
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 18
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. BlackRock currently has more than $5 trillion AUM and approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets.
Financial Control Vice President is responsible for overseeing the service delivery from our Transfer Agents and ensuring that all CASS duties are performed in a timely and compliant manner. The successful candidate’s main area of focus will be to closely monitor our UK Transfer Agent’s client money responsibilities, from daily oversight (Client Money Reconciliations) to monthly reporting (CMAR) to the FCA.
- Maintaining a professional relationship with Transfer Agents, which will include monitoring service to ensure delivery in accordance with SLAs and in compliance with current regulations.
- Completion of all CASS related activities performed by the team and oversight of those activities performed by the UK Transfer Agents, ensuring that all actions are completed in a timely and compliant manner
- Review of CASS and Operational errors as and when they arise ensuring that appropriate action is taken to resolve the error to prevent recurrence.
- Attendance and input at monthly CASS Governance Committee meetings.
- Completion of all Fund Asset Regime oversight of activities performed by offshore Transfer Agent.
- Business review owner for Transfer Agent/Paying Agent Invoices.
- Ensure the principles of TCF, demonstrating with words and actions that the client perspective is always considered in decision making.
- Manage team workload to ensure all activities are completed accurately in a timely manner.
- Awareness of the risks to the company through late adherence to time scales & inaccurate data.
- Ensure team mailbox is monitored and maintained for urgent Client Money issues.
- Take an active part in the team offering ideas & suggestions to improve processes, ensuring that the team’s objectives are met.
- Responsibility for implementing process enhancements, creating new and regularly maintaining existing procedures.
- Ensure collaboration with areas which link with the TA Financial Control Team.
- Provide constructive input to ongoing due diligence of the Transfer Agents.
- Working knowledge of transfer agency
- Operational knowledge of the CASS rulebook and the applicability to Transfer Agency operations.
- Ability to use Excel to expedite data analysis.
- Personal organisation: keep an orderly workload, ensuring that colleagues can continue with work during times of absence.
- General business awareness: Using business awareness to enhance the client money processes. Demonstrate this awareness and encourage others to learn more.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with a strong sense of accountability.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, written and oral.
- A team player who is keen to contribute to team successes as well as being able to work alone and deliver tasks unsupervised.
- Process oriented & forward thinking who is willing to challenge the status quo where possible enhancements to process are identified
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.