- £300 - £350 a day
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Change Recruitment Group
- 17 May 19
Change Recruitment are currently recruiting for our leading city centre based client for a Financial Accountant on a long term interim basis with the potential to convert to a permanent position.
The role will involve and cover a number of duties and responsibilities, not just limited to the production of statutory accounts with the successful candidate having board level face off and interaction with multiple business areas. Applicants must be ICAS/ACCA/CIMA qualified and be able to demonstrate accounts preparation as well as interacting with the business to discuss financial performance. Key duties will include;
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS / Local GAAP
- Balance sheet consolidation and review of movements to form commentary
- Preparing regulatory returns for a number of entities
- Preparation of management accounts and discussion of variances
- Working with key stake holders in the business at board level to discuss and review financial performance
- Preparing presentation documents and commentary around significant movements
- Interacting with stake holders in a number of departments to validate and challenge financial performance
- Lead role within year end close in the team
Strong communication skills are essential in this post with the client looking for an applicant with this and a solid financial reporting / controller skill set. Experience working within Financial Services is desirable for the role or with a background in public practice or large industry organisation. The role will also enable the individual to build a strong internal network with the view to a potential permanent post across finance.
The client gives the successful candidate a chance to develop a financial reporting and board level face off skill set and have the autonomy and reach of a financial controller in a leading and renown organisation based in the centre of Edinburgh.
Rate: £300 - £350 per day