Finance Risk & Control Manager, Commercial Private Banking
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
See job description for details
We're looking for a Financial Risk & Control Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity for a driven and passionate leader to join our Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) Risk & Controls functions
- You'll be ensuring CPB Finance is compliant with operational risk and bank policy, including the remediation of issues
- Hone your existing management skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
- This role is available for a 12 month period
What you'll do
In your new role, you'll be assessing and evaluating CPB Finance Operational Risk & Controls environment, relevant components of the RBS policy framework and the application of SOX framework for CPB. You'll also oversee end to end process of CPB operational risk reporting, monitoring hand-offs between functions.
You'll also be:
- Managing the finance data in operational risk systems
- Evaluating and testing CPB Finance operational risk controls
- Evaluating and testing CPB Finance compliance with bank policy
- Evaluating and testing CPB Business compliance with Finance owned policy
- Reporting to local and central management on a semi annual basis
- Assisting with developing and monitoring action plans for remediation activity
The skills you'll need
You'll need some experience in an operational risk or audit environment, with experience of SOX analysis, or Financial professional (CA, ACA, CIMA, MBA or equivalent).
You'll also need:
- A good eye for detail and delivery orientation
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
- The ability to communicate difficult messages
- Planning and organising capabilities
- The ability to work in a flexible matrix environment
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.