Permanent European Financial Accountant based in Edinburgh paying £30,000 - £35,000 plus bonus, benefits & home/flexible working.
Meraki Talent are supporting for a permanent European Financial Accountant appointment based in Edinburgh paying £30,000 - £35,000 plus a strong benefits package. The Company
This business is at the forefront of innovation and is internationally renowned for setting & exceeding industry standards. Expansion within Europe was pivotal to achieving its strategic goals and the past decade its journey of expansion has been nothing short of phenomenal with significant organic growth and huge M&A activity.
Its European Hub in Edinburgh has some of the sharpest minds within accountancy & finance in the United Kingdom. Its financial leadership team understand that the key to any business is people and place an immense empathise on creating a flexible, interactive and engaging environment where everyone has the tools, support & guidance to ensure they continuously develop & reach their full potential. The Role
This is a newly created role due to further growth within the European portfolio. The role will report to and on occasions deputise for the Finance Manager providing excellent exposure and visibility to multiple highly performing entities. The role also will provide the opportunity to partner with core finance divisions in accountancy & finance including:
- Commercial Finance/FP&A
- Controls & Compliance
The role of European Financial Accountant will offer:
- £30,000 - £35,000 base salary (the top end of the banding is achievable)
- Discretionary bonus
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A range of other company perks
- Flexible and home working
The role will begin as remote working with all the equipment and training provided to ensure a professional virtual on-boarding. Also, this was an employer that already embraced home & flexible working pre-covid so will continue post-covid.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to and deputising for the Finance Manager
- Partnering with other core finance divisions – FP&A, M&A, Projects, Systems, Taxation, Compliance & Controls etc.
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Assisting with external and internal audits including liaising with external Auditors
- Balance sheet reconciliations and integrity
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Intercompany transactions
- Month-end close – accrual, journals, prepayments
- Variance analysis
- Assisting with taxation and VAT returns
- Developing processes, procedures, controls & systems
- Assisting with systems implementations & upgrades
- Adhoc duties
The role will be responsible for entities across Europe, and although multiple & international entity experience would be advantageous, the employer would rather put the priority on potential & ability to grow within the company. To be considered you must have the following experience:
- Studying a professional accountancy qualification
- Management & financial accounting experience
- Multiple and/or international entity experience would be advantageous but not essential
- ERP system exposure
- Proficient user of Excel
- Excellent communication skills
Please do not hesitate to reach out to Jack Ramage for a private & confidential discussion regarding this excellent opportunity.