- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Dec 17
ERS - Insurance Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Design, write and execute manual and automated tests.
- Assist in the implementation of test automation frameworks.
- Assist with clarification of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Use bug tracking systems to submit, track and manage defects.
- Analyze test results at the story or feature level and provide meaningful reports to project team.
- Maintain software testing artefacts.
- Use queries to create test data and analyze results.
- Help ensure coverage for each software release.
- Champion Quality and testing across all phases of the SDLC
- Suggest process and execution improvements for the QA phases of the SDLC.
The ERS - Insurance Software Engineering team in Edinburgh is a part of the global ERS - Insurance Team.
The team works closely with the product development team to deliver solutions to our clients i n the insurance industry.
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile process, including SCRUM, Continuous Build, Integration, and Test etc.
- Strong understanding of Web-based technology architecture, data structures, and Cloud Services
- Ability to write test plans
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently or lead QA on a project
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills to analyze system requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
- Strong understanding of the QA processes, methodologies and all stages of the SDLC
- C# and/or scripting experience
- Relevant QA experience
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree).
- Strong Mathematical background
- Strong experience with automated testing tools
- Strong understanding of QA testing tools and environments
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop thorough test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts
- Ability to investigate a defect, isolate its probable cause and provide a reliable method for reproducing it.
- Knowledge of a wide range of QA methodologies
- Database Testing skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.