- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 19
Capco is now recruiting for a highly experienced Development Lead who will support our continued growth in Scotland and help to shape an A-Team of highly effective junior to mid-level Developers. We are seeking an indpendent leader who is still 'hands on' and who has proven experience delivering software solutions using the latest technologies and frameworks. You'll be designing, building and overseeing development in an agile environment and working with colleagues in other Capco offices.
As Development Lead you will get the chance to work on multiple varied and exciting projects including the creation of:
- New Banks - yes, seriously! We have delivered and are actively building new digital banks from scratch for our global clients
- New Open Banking Services - we played a key role in shaping the open banking regulation and are now delivering it for clients
- Robotic Automation Solutions - we are currently delivering into production several projects using RPA and Machine Learning
- New Social Networks - we recently launched a social network for business banking customers for one of our Tier 1 Banking clients
As a Capco Development Lead you will…
- Demonstrate practical experience of engineering best practices, while being obsessed with continuous improvement
- Have deep technical knowledge of two or more technologies and be curious to learn other parts of the stack
- Have personally made valuable contributions to products, solutions and teams and can articulate the value to customers
- Have played a leading role in the delivery of critical business applications and ideally customer facing applications
- Have the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence
- Have an awareness and understanding of new technologies being used in finance and other industries and loves to experiment
- Have a passion for leading an engineering team that is forming the future of finance
- Experience recruiting and interviewing for fast-growth teams
Skills & Expertise
You will have experience working with some of the following Methodologies/Technologies:
- Java - Java 8/9, Spring, Spring Boot, Open Source Ecosystem
- .NET - C#, .NET Core, Web API
- Data Management - SQL, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, MariaDB, Redis, GraphQL
- Methodologies - TDD, BDD, DDD.
- Desirable - Go, Kotlin, Erlang, Haskell, Rust, gRPC
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture