DevOps Engineer, Analyst/Associate
Description About this role BlackRock Overview
BlackRock is looking for innovative engineers who love solving sophisticated problems. As a firm, we recognize strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With the assets of BlackRock's clients and over 200 technology customers on Aladdin we bear a major responsibility, both as a platform provider and as a fiduciary. Our powerful technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial wellbeing. Your Team
You will be a member of an established Web Operations global team. Our team is responsible for providing engineering solutions to scale and operate the web infrastructure platforms that power Aladdin and cloud based websites and applications.
We run a multi-discipline team and are seeking a new team member to join us who will bring something additive and different. Your responsibilities
Essential skills and experience:
- Engineering solutions for the web platform to take advantage of new & existing technologies to improve web service resilience and scale.
- Collaborate with infrastructure, operations and development teams to problem solve and identify root cause & resolve production issues
- A passion for automation to develop solutions to achieve efficiency and scale for our internal tooling and processes.
- Build strong relationships with other teams through clear & concise communication, delivery and proven experience
- Mentor team members on technology and best practices
- Experience deploying to and working with public cloud based infrastructure like Azure or AWS.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Java.
- Understanding of automation and configuration management technologies like Ansible or Terraform
- Understanding of orchestration and container engines such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux operating system with demonstrative hands-on usage.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- An education in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Understanding of web servers such as Nginx/Apache, load balancers, CDNs and end-to-end flow of a Web HTTP request is advantageous.
If any of this excites you, we want to talk to you about your new role in our team! Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.