- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
You want to work with a variety of technologies, you want to try something new and you want to work for one of the world's top FinTech companies.
You are or want to become a DevOps Engineer who likes to solve complex problems and wants to innovate. You are looking for a firm that recognizes that strength comes from diversity and inclusion comes naturally. You are looking for a team who will embrace your skills, curiosity, and passion to experiment while also giving you the opportunity to grow both technically and as an individual through experience and education.
You want to work for a company that prides itself for putting its clients, employees and community first, while recognizing that technology drives everything we do.
We have teams that:
- Are passionate about technology and love to solve complex problems
- Are specialised e.g. web operations, production operations, database administration and command center operations
- Work with a wide range of technologies
- Operate in an agile environment
You like to:
- Provide interactive troubleshooting and operational support for BlackRock and over 100 organisations who leverage the Aladdin eco-system
- Provide laser like client focus and emotional ownership in providing a fully stable, secure, resilient and scalable platform
- Create opportunities to integrate and automate operational processes, procedures and tooling
- Be curious and flexible, pay keen attention to detail, use critical thinking and drive innovation
- Continually learn new technologies
- Scale technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Be part of a team in a fast paced environment where the best idea wins, no matter who comes up with it
You might have:
- A degree in a computer science, technology, engineering, physics or math discipline preferred
- Exposure to, or an interest in, Linux, database administration, middleware technologies (e.g. FIX, SWIFT, MQ, Kafka), application support (JBOSS, Apache) or Big Data concepts and technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra, NoSQL)
- Agile development skills including Java, Python or a similar development language
Want to learn more?
For 30 years, to drive innovation, BlackRock has brought great minds together. From the very beginning technology was leveraged for insight and efficiency to help our businesses better understand their client’s objectives. Again, BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology to invest even more in their Aladdin platform and looking for people with a passion for technology and a love of solving complex problems to join their teams.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.