DevOps Chapter Lead
End Date Salary Range
£60,825 - £81,100 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers. Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
Our Financial Planning & Retirement Labs are focused on improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs About the role:
As our Chapter Lead - DevOps, you'll be responsible leading a team who support our Labs and Teams as they implement a DevOps way of working, testing new tools and processes that enable our teams to choose the appropriate software to implement. You'll be passionate about future tech and trends and look for opportunities to bring these into the Lab to keep our digital stack moving forwards in ever more efficient and effective ways.
You'll work at a senior level on our latest Scottish Widows digital estate, plus integration to our Digital Banking platform enabling us to:
- Expand the digital journey transformation,
- Drive the overarching Engineering strategy
- Set the direction of how our Teams and Labs implement their preferred DevOps strategy
Your decisions on how are we going to provide the right toolsets will positively impact our clients, teams and general engineering culture in the UK's largest Digital Bank, by creating digital experiences for our customers across our web, mobile and tablet applications. Here's where you'll make a difference:
What we need from you:
- As part of the leadership team, you'll set strategic direction for how we provide software, toolsets and ways of working within the teams, in addition to helping improve coding standards, quality controls etc.
- You'll ensure that teams are able to build software in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and industry innovations that exist across the wider Engineering community
- You'll mentor and develop DevOps Engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth
- You'll establish and maintain effective working relationships with all areas, not only within our Value Stream, but across the Group to promote Engineering to improve the overall delivery method
- We're looking for you to have a committed focus on delivering business value through sound software engineering DevOps methodologies and principles
- Strong DevOps and Software Engineering background
- Deep knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics etc.
- Strong working knowledge of containerisation,such as Docker, Kubernetes, Public Cloud Hosting
- History in providing Software Engineering oversight, technical leadership and setting the strategic direction across teams
- Understanding of the entire application stack, deep and broad knowledge, and significant exposure to modern web technologies, especially; Node.js, REACT.js and Java
- Experience across the entire SDLC from inception, through build to production
- Agile working methods - sprint delivery, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
- Passion for coaching other engineers and building a strong team culture
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible... So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,788 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 20-40% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday (plus Public)
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.