Data Services Relationship Management Associate - EDI
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Data Services Relationship Management Associate
Do you have a passion for data and financial markets? Do you thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes stellar service? Are you looking to join the world’s preeminent asset management firm that prides itself on top-notch service and a suite of services spanning from global investment management and risk management capabilities, to advisory services supporting institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world? Look no further. BlackRock is currently seeking a Data Services Relationship Management Associate to become part of our team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day, and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
As a Data Services Relationship Associate, you will support a growing area in a dynamic and challenging environment. You will direct individual product/application ownership, business design and delivery as it pertains to security/pricing related data for BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions clients. As a member of our Data Services team you will have exposure to all of BlackRock's and BlackRock Solutions’ tools and businesses. You will partner with internal clients such as portfolio management, account management, administration and operations, as well as external users of security data. The critical duties of this position are at the core of the Data Services Team’s objective of providing timely, accurate and complete data. Main responsibilities include:
- Working closely with product/investment/data teams both internally and externally to stay abreast of business demands and market trends to align product delivery with business needs
- Building, maintaining and effectively leading high performing data relationships with our product vendors & core internal development partners to achieve a comprehensive quality data offering
- Drafting business requirements for improvements, maintenance and brand new builds within the security data/pricing model
- Engaging with key product stakeholders to ensure the client data experience is aligned and exceeding expectations
- Monitoring individual product health through metric reporting
- Partnering with technology on ways to innovate and deliver high quality data solutions through robust storage, maintenance, management and delivery methods
- Providing solutions and product expertise to changing business needs created by market events, regulatory change, new financial products being trades or launched, etc.
To ensure success, you will possess the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of financial markets and general knowledge of the entire investment landscape
- Ability to think critically about complex business challenges and possess strong analytical skills in order to deliver holistic solutions
- Enthusiasm for, and comfort with, working in a high pressure and fast pace environment while maintaining quality and the integrity of investment data
- Capacity to work in both an entrepreneurial and team oriented environment
- Comfortable with technical tools such as Excel functions, SQL, Unix commands, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to enable clear articulation while working with internal and external clients
- Solid organizational skills and demonstrated project management experience
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Business Process Improvement
- Experience in the financial services realm
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.