- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Data Operations Associate
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomThe Data Operations Associate is responsible for the delivery of Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) content services to global insurance, retail and pensions clients. The role has a strong operations focus with remit for production of all standard model calibrations, scenario sets and related content services that enable our flagship Moody's Analytics Scenario Generation products. The role also supports the production of a broad catalogue of bespoke services tailored to meet specific client needs and applications.
The Data Operations Associate will manage, configure and execute complex workflow and process automation solutions to deliver services in an efficient and consistent manner. The role works in close partnership with quant analysts to ensure quality of content delivered. The role will also support infrastructure projects and continuous improvement initiatives in conjunction with research, software engineering and implementation teams.
The Data Operations Associate is responsible for data sourcing and data quality assessment of all financial and economic market data used in calibration services. The role also provides ad-hoc data analysis and support for a wide range of internal research and development projects.
The role requires an experienced data analyst with proven service delivery skills in a demanding operations environment. A flexible approach to work scheduling is required with occasional out-of-hours / weekend work required during quarterly service delivery cycles.
Data Operations Associate Responsibilities:
- Production delivery of standard and bespoke subscription services - including:
- Standard Economic Scenario Generator calibrations
- Bespoke calibrations and scenario set services
- WSG, RPP and Investment Risk Analytics content services
- Investment Governance Reporting services
- Pensions Risk Analytics content services
- Quality assurance and validation of data inputs used in services
- Evaluation and support of third-party market data content and vendor solutions
- Develop and maintain internal workflow processes and tools to automate delivery of content services
- Quality assurance and user acceptance testing of proprietary tools and service delivery infrastructure
- Configure and maintain bespoke client services in collaboration with implementation consultants
- Document and maintain data policy updates and related service delivery governance documents
- Contribute to service delivery infrastructure projects and operational improvement initiatives in collaboration with research and software engineering teams
- Contribute to calibration service and proposition enhancement projects in collaboration with research and software engineering teams
- Assist and support the Associate Director with data management, capacity management, service availability and operational support initiatives
Required The candidate will have a good degree (2:1 or higher) preferably in an analytical or business related discipline. A relevant financial services qualification (e.g. IMC, Assoc PRM, working towards CFA, etc.) is desirable.
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of financial service industries
- Knowledge of financial and economic market data content
- Experience of executing and delivering regular data services in an operations environment
- Experience of third party market data vendor solutions (e.g. Thomson Reuters (Refinitiv) Eikon, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Experience of Excel macro development and VBA
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to understand and draw conclusions from complex issues logically and systematically
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly to a variety of audiences
- Strong team player who builds collaborative working relationships and readily shares knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver a high level and quality of work to deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate pro-active drive, customer focus and desire to go the extra mile
- Knowledge of financial mathematics and quantitative / statistical analysis
- Knowledge of database management systems and SQL query construction
- Basic knowledge of software programming
- Basic understanding of service management best practice and processes
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.