Custody Oversight & Governance Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
See job description for details
We're hiring a Custody Oversight & Governance Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- This is a chance to join the Fund Services business and to gain valuable exposure to third party custodians and our clients
- The team meets clients' needs by helping them raise, protect, and move money - activities which support all the economies where we operate, particularly in the UK
- You'll have the opportunity to take on and contribute to projects, and to raise your profile
What you'll do
NatWest Trustee & Depositary Services is the market-leading independent trustee and depositary to the UK collective investment scheme (CIS) industry. We have provided trustee or depositary services for 80 years, and serve approximately 30% of the UK CIS market. You'll be joining the Custodian Oversight & Governance team in the Funds Services business, and as an associate will play an important part in reviewing and documenting processes. You'll identify risks, and put in place effective controls which remove them from our day-to-day processes and interactions with custodians. Implementation of controls, robust reporting, and appropriate and timely escalation will all be key.
This role acts as an issue escalation point for all Trustee & Depositary areas: The Custody Oversignt and Governance Manager must negotiate a suitable solution for all parties.
You'll succeed in this role by:
- Building key relationships to help you understand risk and control requirements to the team's success, including with Legal teams to make sure legal agreements are monitored and turned around without impacting the client trading strategy
- Understanding regulator changes and the impact they have on our clients, Fund Services, and on the custodians
- Build your market knowledge, and making sure that key stakeholders and clients are kept up to date with market changes
The skills you'll need
You'll need good experience of the international financial services industry, preferably in a custodian oversight, account management, international securities or fund services environment. Experience of third party relationships and of working in risk and control would both be welcome, and could prove an advantage. A working knowledge of securities and cash settlement processes, custody operations, FX and derivatives would also be valuable but not necessarily essential, although you should have experience of dealing with CASS and AIFMD regulations.
You'll also need:
- The ability to develop relevant, reliable and robust MI tailored for different audiences
- Self motivation and a proactive approach, with a desire to meet challenges and solve problems
- Strong Influencing and negotiating skills with comfidence in dealing with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate at all levels
- The ability to work effectively on your own, while also being a strong team player
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.