Job Description Moody's Analytics seeks a highly qualified Corporate Counsel to provide support to the EMEA legal function. This position will be based in the Edinburgh offices of Moody's Analytics with a focus on the UK. The Corporate Counsel position, which reports into the Moody's Analytics Associate General Counsel EMEA, presents an opportunity to provide business-critical professional services in an important and growing segment of the company. The successful candidate will be joining an established company at an influential level.
The individual will provide business-critical professional services in an important and growing segment of the company. He or she will establish and manage the legal function for a geographic area or strategic business group and provide primary support for the company's sales organization, focusing primarily on commercial transactions in his/her region or business group, and will also assist with compliance and general corporate matters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting all aspects of contract drafting and negotiations concerning software and data licenses, subscription, maintenance, RFPs and professional services agreements, while providing support to the relevant regional Moody's Analytics sales and services organizations in a broad range of commercial transactions.
- In-depth understanding of Moody's Analytics business policies and practices, including preferred contract terms, IP law relevant to Moody's Analytics, general US GAAP revenue recognition guidelines, and ability to explain these policies and procedures clearly to others.
- As appropriate working closely with outside counsel and with many of the company's other in-house lawyers, sales operations and finance staff.
- Managing and streamlining internal processes.
- A qualified solicitor.
- Relevant post qualified experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills and a sound understanding of various types of software licensing and services transactions, subscription-based business models and familiarity with US GAAP software revenue recognition principles.
- Experience in banking and financial services or a technology/software company is a strong plus, and potentially with channel partners.
- Hard working, well organized and process-driven candidates who have a demonstrated ability to manage a diverse workload under demanding deadline pressures.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and a strong team orientation.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and a strong team orientation for this rewarding opportunity
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.