Client Tax Specialist - Associate - IPB Client Service
Private Banking Client Service Specialist (CSS) are the primary contact for all service related needs of a Private Banking client. CSS work with bankers, investors, various products specialists and operations teams to deliver a seamless and integrated experience to our clients across all Private Banking products.
CSS are regionally aligned to bankers and their client base. Some examples of CSS daily responsibilities include: affecting cash movements, monitoring overdrafts, cash balances, foreign exchange; tax bookings and tax documents inquires; performing account maintenance (account opening and closing, change of address, stop payments and fees billing.
The IPB Client Service Tax Support team is responsible in supporting CSSs in various tax related matters, from tax documentation to tax bookings/withholding and tax reporting. Including but not limited to:
- Support CSSs in the yearly FATCA W8 Solicitation or any other tax remediation - ensuring the CSS are clear on their role and responsibilities in the process, training on tax tools and support with any client queries and requests
- Assist CSS in answering to client tax documents, reporting and withholding queries, without giving tax advice
- Deliver Tax Training and Communication Agenda for the region in close consultation with the Client Service Training Team and in coordination with Corporate Tax, Tax Operations and Onboarding Tax
- Work closely with business partners on system and process improvements impacting Client Service
- Conduct needs analysis with staff, management and business partners to identify areas for additional tax training opportunities
- Document and maintain detailed procedure and job aid resources related to tax activities to assist end users in day-to-day functions
- Translate Subject Matter Expert knowledge into effective learning solutions
- Project coordination and implementation. Represent Client Service in various forums.
- Assist managers in development and coaching of staff in tax related matters
- Participate on projects related to tax whose outcomes have signification impact to business results as requested by the manager
- Independent contributor with minimum supervision, able to drive tax topics on their own with stakeholders
IPB2021 About Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.