Client Service Operations - AVP
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
The Assistant Vice President (Pricing Manager) will manage client service teams to ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched in accordance with service level agreements and quality standards.State Street
Client Interaction – Time Allocation 20%
- Communicate effectively with clients, third parties and colleagues ensuring they are kept aware of any developments affecting them.
- Attend regular Client Service Review meetings and develop/maintain good working relationships with Staff at all levels.
- Minimise operational errors/incidents to ensure Client satisfaction and retention.
Staff Management – Time Allocation 20%
- Develop, engage and retain industry leading workforce using Global HR tools and ensuring succession and development planning for direct reports
- Hold and ensure regular 1:1’s and team meetings are in place for all staff to ensure regular communication and engagement
- Provide leadership on business and technical issues for all the teams with area of responsibility
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Manage overtime to acceptable levels and reduce service delivery costs
Execute Core Activities – Time Allocation 25%
- Responsible for ensuring the team executes client deliverables to the highest quality and that the SLA provisions and relevant KPIs are achieved.
- Manage timely resolution/escalation of enquiries.
- Champion and deliver process improvements
- Manage oversight activities to ensure interdepartmental deliveries are monitored and risks highlighted and addressed
- Manage service delivery from CoE’s/Shared Services
- Participate/lead compliance/fiduciary/client reviews, controls and audits where applicable
- Ensure a good knowledge of BCP exists within the teams
- Liaise with peers on consolidating responses to First Line Of Defense, ensuring generic processes where possible
- Actively participate in the objectives and appraisal processes by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development to ensure own effectiveness in a changing business context
- Ensure the immediate line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact the quality of service being given
Manage Core Activities & Risk – Time Allocation 20%
- Review loss memos and breach forms and associated documentation to ensure that appropriate remedial action is taken to minimize the risk of the error taking place again
- Monitor and comply with changes to the ‘Risk’ escalation chain including communicating amendments to staff where needed
- Keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business and clients
- Promote continuous evaluation of team operations, encouraging innovative ideas to enhance efficiency, reduce risk or increase revenue
- Review weekly MI to ensure compliance to SSC procedures and controls, prior to delivery to VP.
- Understand risks and ensure that appropriate, clearly defined controls are established and executed eg. SoP’s
- Ensure there is sound risk and compliance controls with immediate resolution of non-compliant items identified
Participation in internal meetings/Projects – Time Allocation 15%
- Support Client Change events as required
- Work with COEs and Shared Service teams to ensure they are engaged in change initiatives and are operating efficiently as possible
- Remove obstacles to collaboration and create processes to share information and leverage best practices across the organization