Client Onboarding Vice President - EDI
Description About this role
Is your passion providing extraordinary service to clients while building and fostering positive relationships? Want to use your unique background to make an impact on the clients we service in a culture that flourishes on quality, innovation, collaboration and accountability? Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Look no further. At BlackRock, we are seeking a Services Lifecycle Management Vice-President who is curious, collaborative, analytical, and passionate. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your rare skills, inquisitiveness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day, and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $9 trillion of assets under management we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come and join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
BlackRock's Services Lifecycle Management (SLM) is accountable for ensuring that BlackRock meets our clients' need for data, including the provision of market leading reporting solutions and effective client service. As a part of the SLM Client Reporting team you will formulate the successful delivery of critical investment reporting for our Multi-Asset Strategies and Solutions (MASS) clients. You will partner with colleagues to craft and advance a globally aligned vision and business model. You will be responsible for:
- Leading a team responsible for onboarding new client reporting
- Designing specialised reporting appropriate to individual client needs
- Understanding the flow of client, market and fund information across BlackRock and external data providers in order to best create relevant and accurate client reports
- Analyzing trends in data requests to improve and enhance client reports on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring timely and accurate delivery of reporting as clients onboard, setting a strong initial service standard, particularly at peak reporting periods
- Building and maintaining open and trusting key partner relatonships, with client-facing teams and with key data providers
- Constantly evaluating systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies and making recommendations for improvement
- Use BlackRock's technology to provide efficient and scalable solutions, as well as regular application of Excel to customized solutions
- Supporting relevant business improvement projects, including automation/standardization efforts and the evolution of standard reporting
- Understanding the risk environment within the department - promoting risk awareness, assessment and controls
To ensure success, you will have the following qualifications:
Keen interest in investment products with a preference of 5+years of financial services experience, especially client onboarding, communications or data visualization
- Extraordinary client service skills, maturity and autonomy in dealing directly with clientele
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, particularly VBA, is desirable
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go beyond the scope of one's role to achieve team and firm objectives
- Excellent attention to detail, extremely accurate and well organized
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to synthesize information, summarize issues and think creatively
- Sharp control/risk mitigation mentality with ability to know when to raise issues
Lastly, your confirmed ability to operate under tight deadlines and prioritize work, coupled with your sound judgment to appropriately document conclusions will provide continued success. Using your proficiency in Microsoft Office, aptitude for learning new applications and your willingness to ask questions (while learning independently) will get you noticed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.