Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future
Business Analyst - Financial Crime Threat and Mitigation
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime. FCTM harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means. FCTM is also partnering with Financial Crime Compliance to build the case for a more efficient and effective regulatory approach by defining a potential new regulatory landscape based on practical, tested innovation and serving as a thought leader in the ongoing public debate on the future of regulatory compliance.
- The Product Management team ensures that essential systems and data are available to enable FCTM to conduct effective and efficient investigations and analytics. The team is proactive and future-looking, shaping financial crime technology and promoting its adoption across Compliance. The primary responsibilities are business ownership of the solutions in place and product ownership of new builds.
- Defining the development and deployment stories of a specific set of functionality relating to Financial Crime and a Dynamic Risk Assessment
- Ensure effective stakeholder engagement and user interaction at all levels leading to informed and well-judged trade-offs and priority decisions to maximize business benefit
- Ensure requirements are communicated clearly, consistently and in context to relevant colleagues at all levels
- Optimize systems usage in FCTM. Identify and eradicate duplication or underutilisation within FCTM and across Compliance and the lines of business
- Ensuring the controls and risk management principles are adhered to at all stages - in particular with relation to our data.
- Defining solutions for data ingestion and management in the Cloud
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven Project Management/Product Ownership experience in a complex global environment
- Strong Jira and Confluence experience
- Proven ability in leading technology teams using agile methodology and nurturing talent
- Knowledge of KYC and transaction monitoring processes
- An understanding of the Google Cloud platform
- Regulatory experience preferred including data sharing and outsourcing
- Investigative and/or intelligence experience covering a wide range of financial crime threat areas, including management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical matters effectively with senior leaders in FCR, the business, and the public sector
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within teams and to deliver on time
- Comprehensive knowledge of technology issues relevant to Google Cloud, machine learning and the financial sector in general
- Proven ability to rapidly develop matter expertise in a range of technical and non-technical areas
- A personal and professional interest in security, intelligence and technology
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000D4FU
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.