We are presently looking for a Business Analyst to join our Compliance Transformation (CT) team
Business Analyst - Compliance Transformation - Edinburgh
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are presently looking for a Business Analyst to join our Compliance Transformation (CT) team. CT ensures effective and efficient definition, planning, management and execution of global change programmes related to financial crime risk, supporting the Financial Crime Risk business teams and HSBC to meet its regulatory commitments. Financial crime risk covers key areas such as money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption
- Global Transformation Analysts are at the centre of how Global Transformation shapes, delivers and embeds change working with the business and our delivery partners. They are typically responsible for supporting Requirements Management, Design, Change Management and Implementation Management activities.
- Analysts work collaboratively with Business Analysts, Process and Business Consultants, delivery partners and subject matter experts in gathering, translating and clarifying requirements and defining design options.
- In systems related projects and programmes, the role holder will support Software Delivery and IT Operations with the translation of business requirements and designs into more detailed functional requirements and designs, often representing the voice of the customer and business in these discussions.
- The Analyst will support Change Management activities such as early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback.
- Analysts will also support Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change 'product', focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot).
- In reengineering projects, they will support Process Consultants in analysing and re-engineering world class business processes.
Skills & Experience:
- Awareness of Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks, Agile methodologies and best practice techniques
- Awareness of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation
- An understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Some knowledge of process improvement or requirements gathering techniques
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
- Experience gathering requirements, process re-engineering or conducting design activity
- Experience of communicating effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Exposure to change implementation activity
- Some experience of data analysis and interpretation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and some experience in face-to-face presentation
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000D8L8
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.