Audit Senior/Assistant Manager, Assurance
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Job Title: Audit Senior/Assistant Manager, Assurance Location: Edinburgh Salary Level: Competitive
About the role
EY's Financial Services (FS) practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and enjoys the full technical support of one of our existing centres of excellence, Edinburgh.
Manage your audit group and business unit in an efficient manner, minimising the level of debtors and work in progress in the portfolio, and maximising fee opportunities. Identify and convert all sales opportunities for Audit and other service lines. Manage risk to the firm by adhering to the risk management policies and procedures. You will ideally have a wealth of Banking experience as well as experience auditing controls.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people and in doing so, we play a critical role in attracting and retaining our future leaders of tomorrow.
By 2020, we will be a US$50 billion distinctive professional services organization that delivers on our promises to stakeholders through exceptional client service. There couldn't be a better time to join us and be a part of our ambitious growth plans.
- Deliver value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business, assess legal implications.
- Secure and enhance relationships with senior client management.
- Assign teams that will meet and exceed the clients' expectations in standards of service and client care.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate external network of business contacts.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in all interactions with the client.
- Ensure engagements are executed in accordance with the firm's methodologies and guidance, professional standards, and local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the technical correctness and presentational standard of all client deliverables.
- Lead and coordinate the planning and management of assignments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage the delivery of other services to designated clients, where appropriate.
- Liaise with other service lines and other audit managers to ensure efficient utilisation of knowledge and resources to deliver services.
People responsibilities - as Audit Senior/Assistant Manager you will:
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology.
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Degree qualified
- 3+ years External Audit experience
- PCAOB experience would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent technical and industry sector expertise -
- Financial Services particularly Banking experience
- Team and peer leadership skills
- Demonstrate successful management of a number of
- Major clients/projects (eg sizeable PLC's)
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.