Audit Manager Working with M&G Prudential as an Audit Manager means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business. The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation. If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Audit Manager role is ultimately responsible for delivering a number of audits in the Pru UK audit plan in consultation with colleagues and business management. The Audit Manager will lead the audits, ensuring that audits are delivered within required budget and timeframes, whilst maintaining our high standards and complying with our audit methodology. The Audit Manager will also liaise directly with the business, developing strong working relationships and managing stakeholder expectations.
In this role, you will be required to manage a small team of auditors effectively, with responsibility for coaching and mentoring individuals to ensure the Group-wide Internal Audit function delivers the highest standard of work.
The ability to write high quality reports is another key aspect of this role. The Audit Manager is responsible for the final draft of the audit reports and presenting the findings to the relevant senior management teams ensuring that appropriate action plans are obtained for each issue raised during the audit and take accountability for the controls that are subsequently put in place. Experiences, qualification and skills required
· Have an in-depth understanding of internal audit functions within Financial Services and experience of dealing with multiple complex audit projects.
· Have extensive experience of overseeing the key controls of a test process and effectively documenting how to mitigate risk going forward.
· Have strong leadership skills, ideally through periods of transformation.
· Have experience of managing a small team and are enthusiastic about developing and coaching your team.
· Have experience of business monitoring of the relevant departments outside of the internal audit function and can stablish relationships with senior management to keep up to date with their business plans.
· Have excellent communication skills and experience of presenting reports to senior stakeholders
· Be confident in challenging stakeholders when required and managing delivery expectations.
· Become the trusted advisor outside of the audit function and have a good grip on the overall strategic direction of the organisation.
· Have experience of reviewing and approving the work of auditors and constructively feeding back on any improvements required. People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Tom Hunt
Closing Date: 07 Jun 2019