Associate, Financial Reporting Accountant
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock EMEA Finance consists of Finance professionals in disciplines such as Tax, Business Finance, Treasury, Accounting Operations and Corporate Accounting. Within the Controllers' Group, the Financial Reporting team plays a key role in reporting the financial results for all legal entities within the EMEA region. These results are presented monthly in accordance with US GAAP and quarterly under IFRS. In addition, management accounts, board reports, statutory accounts and regulatory returns are prepared and presented quarterly. Job Purpose/Background:
Following recent business changes, we can recruit a Financial Reporting Accountants at Associate level. The Financial Reporting Accountant will act as the entity controller for a key EU regulated firm and have responsibility for integrity of the P&L and Balance Sheet. The work will involve key monthly analytics to aid internal US GAAP management reporting as well as production of board reports and annual statutory financial statements. The Financial Reporting Accountant will also develop strong relationships with other parts of Finance and external auditors and build relationships with cross functional teams to enhance working relationships and improve analytical review.
The role will report into a VP within Controllers. Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all statutory accounting deadlines are met; review of year end statutory accounts including liaison with auditors, tax & regulatory
- Completion of monthly management and quarterly IFRS reporting packages ensuring that US to IFRS adjustments are appropriate and documented
- Responsible for the production of legal entity accounts
- Provide added value commentary surrounding movements in the P&L and Balance Sheet on a legal entity level
- Actively searching for process improvements within the role
- Build relationships with cross functional teams (e.g. Revenue and expense accounting, corporate control, tax) to enhance working relationships and improve analytical review on legal entities
- Opportunity to join an established but growing finance function of an S&P 500 company
- Exposure to IFRS and US GAAP reporting
- Involvement in ad-hoc project work
- Experience in statutory accounts production and/or audit preferred
- Strong awareness of global accounting standards, preferably US GAAP and IFRS
- Preferably a CA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with a strong academic record
- Newly qualified or qualified through relevant experience, preferably in Financial Services, will also be considered
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate in verbal and written form, with all levels of the business
- Self-starter, quick learner, team player, with an ability to adjust to change and the desire to take on responsibility is required
- Organised and methodical, possessing attention to detail, ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines is a must
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.