- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Director -Design Business Analyst
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomThis is an exciting opportunity to be directly involved in the design and development of Moody's Analytics' Insurance Modelling & Analytics solutions The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with stakeholders (Product Managers, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Clients) to understand the requirements and the technology and produce well thought out, intuitive product designs for complex products. This role focuses on the design and architecture of our software and critical to this is working closely with the Software Architects. In addition, the Senior Business Analyst will take an active role in the development of core products throughout the product development lifecycle.
The role would suit candidates with experience in designing and developing large scale, enterprise software solutions. The candidate should have experience working in software companies to create a compelling story of how the software can solve business problems faced by our clients.
Candidates should be technically minded and able to understand complex products, financial concepts and technology quickly. The role provides the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the modelling and financial analysis carried out at Moody's across all areas of ERS Insurance and also to work on cutting edge SaaS products.
- Experience working in small or large software companies, designing enterprise level software solutions
- Demonstrable experience of delivering modern, well designed financial software
- Experience with cloud platforms and SaaS would be beneficial
- Elicit business and technical requirements from stakeholders with appropriate prioritisation and dependencies identified
- Support user testing; participate in validation sessions
- Participate in the relevant Agile activities around planning, grooming, elaboration and acceptance
- Manage and execute user acceptance plans
- Respond to technical and functional product questions raised by stakeholders and customers
- Assist with pre and post sales support
- Degree in information management, computer science, engineering, finance or economics preferred
- Previous experience with financial services
- Knowledge of Agile development process and the use of a supporting requirement tool is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including very good presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties.
- Must be highly organised and detail oriented.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.