State Street Global Transactions Control and Banking - Payments team have a new role as part of our Liquidity Management operation in Edinburgh. You must have a strong understanding of cash management, global payments infrastructure as well as the various modernization initiatives across markets and Financial Market Utilities. Knowledge of how a Global Custodian operates would also be beneficial.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Liquidity Management, Senior Associate you will:
- Provide/oversee the forecast of expected nostro related cash activity and/or monitor direct clearing activity.
- Check and release funding calculations/payments.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to cash funding /nostro forecasting to maximize net interest revenue and reduce exposure.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of issues relating to cash funding e.g. FX and interest rate volatility.
- Maintain and foster relationships with internal and external counterparts such as client service groups, brokers and sub custodians, agent banks and clearing schemes.
- Prepare and validate reports for delivery to management.
- Participate in projects as necessary
What we value:
- These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong working knowledge of major financial instruments and products impacting cash flow.
- Sound understanding of security transactions with strong knowledge of individual market nuances and specific deadlines in relation to cash flow.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment and delegate / supervise where appropriate.
- Decisive with demonstrated ability to make decisions calmly and rationally in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Proficient PC skills with strong MS Excel and/or MS Access knowledge
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- University degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or related professional experience
- Strong experience in the Banking sector
- You can demonstrate in-depth knowledge of payment flows, cash management and the SWIFT network