Actuarial Assistant Manager - Actuarial Rectifications Team
End Date Salary Range
£48,672 - £54,080 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Interprets complex processes and manage the efficient and effective production of high quality output and analysis, anticipating stakeholder needs. May lead others.
The Actuarial Rectifications Team play a key role in ensuring that policies are managed in line with the policy provisions, policyholders' expectations and FCA requirements.
The key purpose of the role is to assist the team with additional actuarial input into a number of important projects including:
Key competencies, knowledge & skills:
- Analysing different remediation approaches and writing options papers
- Writing calcs specs
- Building models in Excel or Access
- Testing IT models
- Performing remediation calculations for policies and checking calcs
- Handling queries relating to the use of the models
- Determining approaches to non-standard cases.
- Ensuring TCF issues, cost implications and practical constraints are taken into account when formulating solutions.
- Reviewing and writing report documents relating to the project.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Partly-qualified or qualified Actuary
- Strong technical ability in analysing problems, determining solutions and specifying calculations
- Pensions and life assurance product knowledge preferred but not essential
- Previous high profile company-wide project experience preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective influencing skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Attention to detail