Accounts Assistant - Dundee
Change Public Practice are delighted to be partnered with a Scottish CA firm in the recruitment of an Accounts Assistant to join their team in Dundee. In this role, you will work alongside the Qualified Accountants to mentor junior staff members and bridge the gap of knowledge between the senior staff and those who are at the very early stages of their careers.
This position will offer you the opportunity to work with clients in a wide range of sectors and to build and maintain these relationships. This would suit an experienced Accounts Assistant who not only has the ability to produce accounts but is able to successfully analyse and review the figures and communicate this well to clients.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
• Preparation of statutory accounts for a variety of clients including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
• Also tasked with management reporting for client base
• VAT compliance, prepared both from the office and out at clients premises
• Assisting junior staff members with queries and liaising with Managers
To be considered for this role:
• Must have recent experience working in a practice environment
• Experience of preparing annual accounts is essential
• Keen to continue a professional qualification such as ICAS or ACCA
• Excellent working knowledge of Cloud Accounting software packages including Xero and QuickBooks
• Client focused individual who is keen to develop good working relationships with client
The right person for this job must be ambitious, self-motivated and show a high level of initiative.
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Public Practice, please contact Johanne Smith on 0131 271 9313 or email a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org