Accounting Technican - Bathgate
Change Public Practice are currently seeking an experienced Accounting Technician who has worked in a practice environment to join an accountancy firm in Bathgate. The firm is an independent practice that service a varied client portfolio of local sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
This position will offer you the opportunity to work in a varied role within a team of experienced and reliable accountants that provide an excellent and valued service for their client base.
• Service a varied portfolio of clients in a pro-active manner
• Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
• Preparation of VAT Returns including partial exemption calculations
• Updating clients accounting records
• Working closely with accounts managers to handle client queries
• Assisting on an ad-hoc basis with processing payroll
To be considered for this role:
• At least 2 years' experience of accounts preparation within a practice setting
• Strong general practice experience including annual accounts preparation
• Good IT skills including working knowledge of QuickBooks, Xero and Sage software packages
• Client focussed individual that is able to work on their own but as part of a wider team to meet strict deadlines
The right person for this job must be confident, self-motivated and show a high level of initiative as there will be a level of autonomy in this position to work to deadlines.
In return, you will be part of a friendly, supportive and experienced business that take care of their employees and promote a good work/life balance.
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Public Practice, please contact Johanne Smith on 0131 271 9313 or email email@example.com