- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Feb 18
AVP Messaging Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomThis is a challenging position in the Infrastructure Services team requiring a wide array of skills in messaging and collaboration technologies. We are looking for a very senior messaging engineer with primary focus on messaging, collaboration and mobility technologies. The candidate will be joining a very dynamic environment where he/she will be expected to take on challenges and comfortably be able to multitask and prioritize between many different project/daily tasks and deliver on time. The candidate is expected to be able to independently lead projects from start to end (technology research, tool selection, solution design, solution engineering, implementation and hand over to operations). Innovation and the eagerness to continuously keep up to date with the most cutting-edge technologies are some of the key qualities that this candidate must have.
- Architect, design and implement enterprise messaging solutions with a variety of products (Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 , VERITAS Enterprise Vault, Sendmail, Cisco Ironport, Citrix Xenmobile and many more)
- Lead and be the subject matter expert on technical matters related to corporate email including but not limited to Exchange 2010, DAGs, Office 365, Messaging Gateways and other SMTP mail relays
- Lead engineer on the archiving and eDiscovery platforms(Veritas Enterprise vault, ProofPoint)
- Lead the Moody's mobility efforts (Citrix Xenmobile, Microsoft Intune etc)
- Partner with other stakeholders to evaluate and drive adoption of new capabilities for Office 365 and related tools, services and systems.
- Be the subject matter expert on the messaging gateway and email MTA technologies (Cisco Ironport, Sendmail etc)
- Ensure adherence to standards, best practices, and alignment with overall architecture goals.
- Work seamlessly with other Moody's IT teams on complex windows/security projects
- Effectively and Independently take on and manage tasks/work inside multiple projects simultaneously
- l ead the triage of complex technical issues related to messaging applications and a multitude of other variables in the mix
- Perform periodic messaging applications assessments and documentation review as part of our application governance
- Will be the primary SME on the messaging technologies and responsible for mentoring other members of the team and do periodic knowledge share session often including our L2 support teams.
- Automation of many different daily manual tasks via PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Strong experience on Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 and its components (DAGs, Edge Transport, OWA, Active Sync, Public Folders, High Availability and Disaster Recovery Configurations, Mail Flow and Connectors, Outlook client configuration, SMTP etc)
- Strong expertise of Microsoft O365 ecosystem, its inter-relationships and impact of systems and applications on the existing and future environment (Exchange Online, Advanced Threat Protection, Archiving, Message Hygiene technologies, Active Directory Forests, Active Directory Federation Services, Security Permissions & Authentication, Certificates, Tenants, & Interworking of DNS record types, Azure Cloud, Azure Active Directory, Azure Rights Management, Identity etc.)
- Expertise with email security gateways, mail relay systems and email antivirus/antispam soluitions(Cisco Ironport, ProofPoint, Sendmail etc)
- Strong expertise with email archiving, journaling and eDiscovery solutions is a must(Veritas Enterprise Vault, ProofPoint etc)
- Strong expertise with mobility and collaboration tools(Citrix Xenmobile, Airwatch, MS Intune, Cisco jabber, Webex, Slack, Skype and Teams)
- Previous experience migrating from on premise Exchange to newer Exchange versions and experience migrating to Office 365 Exchange Online
- Experience on architecting and supporting hybrid email environments configurations of on-prem Exchange Server and Office 365
- Automation skills are a must, PowerShell is preferred. Other programming languages are a big plus
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, routing and switching protocols, TCP/IP, QoS, VLANs, and WAN protocols
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems, including Active Directory, Azure AD, DNS, Group Policy, IIS
- Strong understanding of security concepts(SSL, PKI, IPSec, VPNs, Firewalls, DMZ, Proxy, attacks) is required
- The ability to be able to document, diagram, and flowchart complex design concepts is a must
- Strong communication; verbal, written and collaboration skills
Platform Systems Engineering
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study
- Industry Certification in relevant area is a plus
- Minimum 8 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.