Senior Infrastructure Operations Engineer with Solaris
Senior Infrastructure Operations Engineer with Solaris- Server Support
Salary: Up to £72,312, plus employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus and in-year rewards, and great work/life balance
Do you have expertise in Solaris and Infrastructure Operations Solutions ?
Do you thrive in a challenging Live Service environment ?
Are you a Service Improvement ambassador?
Are your ready to join an epic digital transformation ?
Then look no further…we would love to hear from you!
BPDTS. Digital People.
We are looking for a talented Senior Infrastructure Operations Engineer- Server Support to join our team. Here at BPDTS Ltd we're working with DWP Digital to reshape the digital landscape of UK government. We need your talent and energy to power that change.
You and your role
As a Senior Infrastructure Operations Engineer you will:
- Act as 2nd/3rd line support for incidents, problems and changes to solutions and services
- Provide specialist technical support and assistance to projects ensuring delivery of requisite non- functional requirements and to continual service improvement Responsible for preparations and support of IT Operations solutions and services, physical or virtual, according to industry and organisational best practices standards, service requirements and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) throughout the lifecycle
- Provide technical support and assistance to projects
- Coach and mentor other team members and assist in the delivery of provision of first class service, and consistent levels of capability available as required by the organisation
- Provide team leadership and technical subject matter expertise to operate infrastructure teams, services and solutions for the DWP
What are we looking for?
You will be involved in a dynamic live service environment to ensure service is up and running, projects are delivered to a high standard with a focus on service improvement.
You'll have expertise in Solaris and have problem solving, dealing with complex issues and service improvement at your core with experience in migrations and upgrades.
This is primarily an Operations role but you will also work with other functions such as Engineering on major projects as well as the Command Centre to fine tune and improve monitoring and alerting on the estate. As a newly established team there will be scope to improve as well as develop process' and procedures to enable a high class service to be delivered.
This is an excellent opportunity for technical development in a growth area. You will work as part of a wider server operations team supporting a large and complex estate covering technologies such as Red Hat, AIX, iSeries as well as Cloud and Hyper Converged Infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and Nutanix.
- Manage and maintain hardware and software such as Solaris 10/11 and M-7, T-7 & T-8 hardware.
- Experience with physical domains, logical domains, Solaris zones, clustering and related Solaris technologies.
- Experience with installations and provisioning
- Experience in hosting operations such as incident, problem and change management.
- Experience in managing and maintaining hosting services in large scale organisations.
- Strong background in Service Management & Operations (particularly Request Fulfilment, Incident/Problem/Change Management) with experience of Service Transition.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Deals with high impact, complex change requests. Ensures that release policies, procedures and processes are applied
- Is the decision maker. The decisions may include an element of risk
- Leads, communicates, facilitates and resolves outputs and decisions. Carries out an element of communication management
- Takes accountability of issues that occur and is proactive in searching for potential problems. Achieves excellent user outcomes
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate, analyses patterns and trends and resolves problems in systems, processes and services
- Determines problem fixes and/or remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
- Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation
- Maintains secure configuration, applying and maintaining tools, techniques and processes to identify, track, log and maintain accurate, complete and current information. Controls IT assets in one or more significant areas
- Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability
- Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels
- Understands core technical concepts related to their role and is able to apply them with guidance. Interacts with and reads code, and is able to carry out baseline repair activities
- Identifies improvements and supports proposed solutions through to implementation by supporting the organisation and introducing more effective and efficient technologies (people, processing and tooling) to deliver increased automation
- Knowledge of a service management framework (e.g. ITIL) terminology, structure and basic concepts, and comprehend the core practices for service management
- Improves processes and reduces down time through activities such as automation and streamlining
Where will you work?
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Newcastle, Mancheste or Blackpool
Find out more about working in our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
What is our offer?
- We'll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £72,312 per annum
- You will be eligible for an Aviva Master Trust pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus and in-year reward ad recognition
- We'll help you balance your life and work with flexible working and family friendly policies
- We'll give you a generous leave allowance starting and 25 days and rising to 30, with the option to buy and sell extra days each year.
- We'll help you work as you learn with access to coaching, training, structured development and career progression opportunities, as part of a dedicated community of practice.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me Tia Nicholas via Linked in.