Junior IT Service Manager, Up to £27,565 per annum + 27% Pension Help provide support and ensure the quality and availability of the critical Digital products and services that the department depends on.
Junior IT Service Manager - Salary: £27,565 and 27% Pension contributions. Also offering flexible working, fantastic work/life balance with an excellent benefits package.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We make payments worth over £195bn a year and support over 22 million people every day. Our agile tech teams are modernising the way we deliver our products and services, so that they work better for us and the people who need them. It's a once in a generation transformation of government services.
We are looking for IT Service Managers who would like to be part of a team delivering real value to our DWP colleagues and citizens.
You will be part of the Live Support team supports Counter Fraud Compliance & Debt which is currently the largest business directorate, impacting the DWP Live estate across all service lines (and touching around 8,000 colleagues)
The team is responsible for Service Management and Asset Ownership for a number of high profile system and application solutions used by CFCD. We also manage a large, complex and diverse CFCD work programme.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
This is a highly visible role with the successful candidate required to undertake key activities associated with Service management. Working as part of a brilliant team, you'll undertake service management activities such as:
- Working as part of the Live Support team to resolve incidents, problems & issues and escalating where appropriate to relevant IT service functions.
- Providing high quality support for all end users, understanding and trying to resolve user issues and queries, managing end user communication and expectations.
- Liaising effectively with colleagues and stakeholders via various channels (e.g. phone, email, Teams).
- Daily housekeeping activities on Debt Manager system and Access databases.
- Debt Manager User administration - create new users, deletion, password resets.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Keep colleagues and stakeholders fully informed of plans, possibilities and progress. Deliver good customer service which balances quality and cost effectiveness.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. Respond constructively and objectively to comments and questions. Handle challenging conversations with confidence and sensitivity.
- Understands the operational processes of running and maintaining product or service within Debt operations. An understanding of DWP Debt Manager System is desirable but not essential.
- Resolves user requests to a minimum of the agreed service level agreement (Customer Services Management DDAT - Level 2). Able to empathise with the end user. Uses customer-focused metrics to achieve a satisfying outcome.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Manchester.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary of £27,565, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Family friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.