DWP. Digital with Purpose. We are looking for an IT Service Transformation expert to help lead DWP Digital on a once-in-a-generation transformation. Up to £110,000 plus amazing pension and work life balance.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for an IT Service Transformation expert to help lead our brilliant DWP Digital community on a once-in-a-generation transformation of those services.
We use fresh ideas and leading edge technologies to create innovative, scalable user-centric digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of over 22 million people and to 110,00 amazing DWP colleagues.
As our Head of Service Transformation you'll work in partnership with the key pillars of DWP's Technology Services (TS) team.
You will lead the engagement with Digital product delivery functions to manage their demand engagement, ensure that our Technology Services solutions are adopted and used consistently, and ensure that we deliver a quality service.
You will be at the heart of driving service transformation across Technology Services. You'll be improving the day to day service of DWP, keeping DWP IT operations secure and safe and enabling development and safe landing of new Digital services.
This is to work with Business and Digital leaders within the department, across government and the wider profession.
Your Essential Skills & Experience:
- Expert and experienced in IT Service Transformation within a large enterprise 24*7 operational business including with public and private cloud solutions.
- Expert in programme delivery and programme management and experienced in portfolio management.
- Experience of IT operations in an agile and dev-ops delivery environment.
- An exceptional and authentic leader, with the ability to build, inspire and engage their teams to deliver results even in times of ambiguity; to enjoy their contribution and to be proud of their achievements.
- Successful track record of delivering digitally enabled organisational transformation programmes, with an appreciation that change can provide opportunity for efficiency and innovation.
- Strong track record of building excellent stakeholder relationships; creating a wider ranging network of relationships across organisational boundaries that support collaborative working across teams or organisations to in order to achieve highly effective outcomes.
Your Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience in setting technology transformation strategy and managing continuous service improvement.
- Proven experience of developing capability at an organisational and team level, through empowering, supporting and developing staff to achieve the highest performance standards.
- A self-starter bringing their own energy, resilience and enthusiasm, to continually drive through improvements to the service provided to DWP.
- Strong financial acumen and a desire for and experience in delivering value for money.
- Strong commercial acumen and experience of managing third part service providers.
- You will have a passion for building capability and ambition to build the best digital capability in UK public services which equal the best in the private sector.
Details. Workplace. Pay
You can be based in your choice of our brilliant Blackpool or Manchester hubs.
Salary is £71,000 - £110,000.
You'll be eligible for a brilliant Civil Service Pension with employer contributions up to 30%.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
Click Apply now for more info and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.