Business Manager - Lending
Business Manager - Lending
Expanding international Bank have a new headcount in Manchester and are looking to recruit a Business Manager to help with the business development on corporate and commercial lending.
- Excellent English written skill
- Excellent skills for writing credit memos, proposals and financial analysis
- Solid experience in corporate and commercial lending
- To monitor designated loan portfolio.
- To cultivate new business.
- To prepare credit proposals and periodic credit review reports.
- To liaise with Risk Management Department during pre-approval stage on credit risk related matters.
- To work closely with Loan Support & Services Department during post-approval stage on loan documentation matters.
- To develop business relationship with existing and prospective counterparties with a view to cultivating future business and promote the Bank's reputation.
- To supervise and provide coaching for subordinates through on the job training.
- To develop strategies, tactics & action plans so as to achieve key performance targets.
Position Accountabilities: Customer/
- To develop new business opportunity and contacts.
- To build and maintain close business relationships with customers and counterparties to ensure compliance with the 'know your customer' requirement.
- To submit credit facility proposal in a timely manner and coordinate the facility drawdown process with all concerned parties.
- To establish good working relationship with other counterparties / intermediaries, e.g. brokers, solicitors, accountants, valuers and overseas colleagues etc.
- To prepare regular credit reviews on customer accounts.
- To keep abreast with the current banking regulation, the Bank's lending policy and latest market condition.
- To work smart so as to improve quality and efficiency.
- To monitor and control designated account's irregular performance in accordance to the bank's guidelines.
- To perform tasks in a timely manner as directed by the Management.
- To provide support and cover for other teammates when they are off.
- To maximise team/bank performance.
- To set challenging performance and development objectives for all reporting staff.
- Training and Competence - identify training needs; provide regular feedback and coaching to ensure that their maximum potential is achieved.
- To ensure own personal development objectives are achieved.
- To manage resource to most effectively / efficiently achieve departmental and bank objectives.
- To ensure team works compliantly to bank/legal/regulatory standards and requirements.
- To work closely with other sections of BDD to achieve bank objectives.
- To perform any task as directed by the Management.
- To be leader and role model.
- To comply with all applicable regulations, rules, codes, guidelines and standards set by regulators and the Bank, and carry out duties with high integrity.
- To adhere to risk control guidelines, procedures and measures to identify, assess, report, mitigate and monitor the risks involved in the day-to-day work.
- University graduate in economics, business administration or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years' hands on experience in corporate finance / commercial real estate finance business.
- Credit experience, documentation experience in proposing and negotiating both internally and externally credit and covenant structures and loan documentation.
- Competency in financial analysis and credit structuring, understanding and applying credit policy, and credit monitoring and risk administration practices.
- Comprehensive written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel, plus Moody's Analytics an advantage.
- Familiar with UK corporate finance / property markets.
- Good understanding of general banking law and regulation, deposit, loan and other financial products.
- Good knowledge of UK banking practice and relevant regulation.