Service Design Team Leader
- Dunstable, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Sopra Banking
- 26 May 19
Service Design Team Leader
Sopra Banking Software is a banking and specialist finance software vendor, and a major global digital player. We have been supporting banks and financial institutions for almost 50 years. With in-depth knowledge of the banking industry, banking customers, and innovative technologies. The triple focus allows us to build powerful and agile software solutions and to implement them through value -added use cases.
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team.
Sopra Banking Software is currently seeking a Service Design Team Leader to join our Managed Services team. This role forms an integral part of Sopra Banking Software's Managed Service offering. The Service Design Team Leader will work with customers UK wide and therefore flexibility in travel from site to site is essential. You should also be an excellent communicator, comfortable in a customer and key stakeholder facing role, and have experience of large scale projects ideally within the financial services sector.
The Service Design Team Leader is a pivotal link between the Research and Development teams and the Managed Service offering to key UK retail banking customers.
- Lead technical presentations, demonstrations and client-centric product evaluations
- Lead technical responses to RFI / RFP s
- Act as team leader for a small service design team
- Work with the Head of Managed Services to analyse areas of transformation within products and systems.
- Produce new business costings, cost models and the continual improvement of these
- Consult with senior managers to gather requirements and analyse technical opportunities.
- Take into account operational and infrastructure requirements in the solution.
- Present technical ideas to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the project processes through architectural documentation including IAD, BCM, SDD and other standard Sopra documents.
- Work with the R&D teams on alignment of Managed Service with the Sopra architecture strategy.
- Review application design with developers as necessary.
- Research and prototype new technologies.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- 10+ years' experience in system solutions and delivery within Financial Services, including work experience of projects with major telecom operators.
- Strong understanding / experience of cloud technologies
- Expertise in integration and implementation of service-related applications, such as service provisioning, real time charging.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of software development technologies and interface development and integration
- Good working knowledge and understanding of third party product licensing particularly oracle and Microsoft products.
- Good understanding of Data Security concepts and protection systems.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Solid technical background including Unix and Citrix
Preferred Requirements we will provide training on:
- Degree educated in a computer or technology related discipline
- AWS Cloud Practitioner / AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
- Have good presentation skills and the ability to design engaging and informative presentations
- TOGAF or similar architectural framework experience and qualification
- Experience of third party hosting is highly desirable
- Network, server and application virtualisation experience
- Cisco Networking (Routing, Firewall, etc.) knowledge
- Certification in Unix/Oracle/Microsoft/VMWare/Cisco/Citrix
- Experience of Scripting (Unix Shell/Windows Automated Tasks/etc.) is desirable
- Knowledge of Sopra Applications - MSS/ICS would be highly advantageous
- Fintech sector experience
- Knowledge of banking systems
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.