Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
- Jan 05, 2021
- £40k - £60k
Morgan McKinley are exclusively working with one of the world's leading oil and gas companies to recruit a new Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join their expanding team.
Morgan McKinley are exclusively working with one of the world's leading oil and gas companies to recruit a new Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join their expanding team. Responsibilities:
- Be the key point of contact regarding day-to-day financial transactions (invoices, payments, cash-calls, operations, changes, financing needs, etc.) and coordinate with other Finance teams as required.
- Ensure strict compliance with policies, procedures and delegations of authority rules
- Implement and continuously improve general accounting, tax and financial reporting processes
- Ensure strict compliance with applicable accounting, financial reporting and tax rules.
- Liaise with external and internal advisers as required
- Execute the monthly closing process. Prepare and post month-end journals in the accounting system (SUN) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform or review required reconciliations (balance sheet recs, inter-companies, bank recs, etc.) and maintain comprehensive and up to date paperwork
- Produce monthly financial reports and analyses as required
- Prepare statutory accounts under UK standards and any other statutory reports required (ONS, BEIS, etc.)
- Prepare or review tax calculations and postings (including VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE Settlement Agreement, etc.).
- Ensure tax returns and payments are executed in a timely manner and deal with routine tax matters
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA with experience in accounting, financial reporting (IFRS and UK standards) and taxes
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical skills
- Highly autonomous, self-learning and reliable
- Excellent computer skills (Excel incl. complex formulas)
- Knowledge of SUN system highly desirable
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.