Finance Business Analyst
Fantastic new opportunity for a Finance Business Analyst based in Crawley, West Sussex.
I am currently partnered with a very successful engineering business based in Crawley who are looking for a Finance Business Analyst for their growing finance team.
Reporting directly into the Group Commercial Director, and supporting the Senior Financial Controller the Finance Business Analyst is expected to be a complete Business Partner, with an understanding of the risks and opportunities in their designated area and the effect on the business. Their main responsibilities are ensuring that accurate month end reporting, performance analysis and account reconciliations are produced in relation to the UK and overseas entities. Duties to include:
What you'll bring
- The Finance Business Analyst is expected to be a complete Business Partner in the designated areas through building strong working relationships across the business and being an advocate for positive change
- Using your analytic background, you will ensure that current, and past trends for anomalies are investigated, and make recommendations
- Assistance with the preparation of the monthly Analysis Pack
- With the use of Group Business systems create and produce Sales & Financial reports that will include data enquiries.
- Produce reports to support the budget and forecast planning process
- Play a key role in group projects relating to data analytics to achieve commercial business objectives
- Improve, establish and drive good business practice using Business Process Improvements with Commercial and Finance teams
- Support month end process
- Data preparation, cleansing, and compatibility mapping for and SAP integration project
- Manage the budgeting and quarterly forecasting process, providing variance analysis and building relationships with Budget Holders
- Any other ad hoc tasks required by the Group Commercial Director or Senior Finance Controller.
- Previous experience in Management Information Systems is essential
- Previous experience in forecasting, budgeting and analysis
- Excellent IT skills, with the ability to adapt to bespoke systems easily
- Good level of competence on SAP, Cognos, Excel, including knowledge of lookups and pivot tables
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team working skills and experience in assisting team members and delivering work to agreed timescales
- The ability to work to varying deadlines
Are you a team player, have a professional and can-do attitude, be self motivated, flexible and be able to prioritise and multi-task? You will also have excellent organisational abilities to be able to balance different tasks ensuring deadlines are met whilst maintaining highest levels of accuracy.
Successful candidates would need to have at least two years post qualified experience and ideally have experience working in professional services. Candidates will preferably be ACA, ACCA or CIMA Part-qualified minimum, working towards full qualification
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.