Software Engineer - Quality
About The Role
This key individual will act as an internal reference point to an agile product delivery team, stakeholders and 3rd parties, you'll support the drive forward innovation in test practices, focusing on optimisation, automation and performance, whilst seeking and implementing continuous improvements and actively ensuring that all testing activities are undertaken in line with internal standards and policies.
You'll be a highly experienced and technically proficient Engineer and will have excellent knowledge of testing practices, technologies and processes. This should include experience with automated UI (Selenium & TestNG preferred) and API testing, with an aspiration to develop our capability for automated performance and security testing.
You'll support the shift-left and DevOps agenda, with a constant focus on automation through an everything-as-code approach.
Whilst being responsible for the quality of software delivery, share their knowledge, providing coaching and mentoring to colleagues.
● Experience working in an agile product delivery team, and of SCRUM or Kanban ceremonies
● Experience in software testing and automation, with a solid understanding and proven experience of SDLC processes, testing methodologies and techniques. A utomated UI (Selenium & TestNG preferred) and API testing.
● Excellent, demonstrable analytical / problem solving skills and attention to detail, with the ability to create test cases and scripts which thoroughly test all aspects of system changes, ensuring scope is accurately assessed and defined
● Good understanding of Test Environment architecture layers (servers, applications and databases).
● A working knowledge of Windows, SQL and Unix servers
● Computer literate, sound knowledge of Microsoft applications and some knowledge of other technologies / programming languages including but not limited to: SQL, .Net, Java, Oracle (PL/SQL) and Unix.
● Experience of Test Management Tools, including JIRA, Confluence + Qmetry
● Desired (but not essential) - Experience of working in financial services
About The Company
One of the things we are proud of at Coventry Building Society is our dedication to wellbeing. We understand that you have commitments - be it picking up children, being a carer for someone or a spin class you just can't miss. We recognise the importance of helping you balance your working life with other priorities - whether that's our working from home policy or our flexibility with the working hours in the day. If you want to consider this vacancy but are concerned about the working hours, apply and let's talk about how we may be able to accommodate your needs, whilst making sure we meet our members' needs.