Senior Solutions Architect
About The Role
Coventry Building Society is the 2nd largest building society in the UK. We are a national society, with local values and loyalty, and a caring family ethos.
The best way to judge a company is based on what the people say who work there. Our recent employee survey rated us Number 8 in the Sunday Times '25 Best Big Companies to Work For' list. We offer not only fulfilling jobs and exciting career opportunities but also a place where everyone feel proud to work and feel belong. What makes us such a rich and progressive place to work is the huge variety of people that make up our workforce.
And of course, we don't pretend that what you do for us is all you're about. We want you to bring your whole self to work - parent, carer, artist, triathlete, introvert... whatever it is that makes you YOU! We offer the balance to make sure you have plenty of time to do the things you need or want to do alongside work, because we know that is how you are able to be your best.
As a 'Senior Solutions Architect', you'll be the single accountable owner for IT solution design, aligned to an investment vehicle, leading full solution formation from top to bottom (various layers) and end to end realisation.
You'll need to develop very close partnerships with Project Management, Enterprise Architects, Business Analysis and Business Sponsorship teams to help the society succeed in solving problems and/or embracing opportunities pragmatically yet strategically aligned.
This is a senior role with the responsibility and accountability of solutioning. You will have a full understanding of solution architecture, associated strategies and frameworks. Must have well developed interpersonal, analytical, planning and organising skills, an attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and the ability to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision.
You need to be highly effective at both written and verbal communication with experience of developing working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
• Have relevant experience of leading several complex multi-million pound programmes from a technical and architectural perspective.
• Demonstable experience in Technical and Solution Leadership - able to lead the solution/technical architecture and related aspects for a large program for various technologies, for a significant amount of time
• Demonstrable experience of Digital Transformation and solution architecture patterns and strategies to achieve this.
• Experience of delivering in a hybrid environment
• Experience of software development processes require
• Experience of working on cloud based technologies (e.g. AWS) and SaaS products
• Good awareness of Cyber-Security, integration, operating systems and data functions
• Working knowledge of integration patterns and data flows
• Experience of working in 'Product team' will be beneficial
• Possess excellent communication & engagement skills, Build relationship and manage the demanding stakeholders.
• Previous experience of managing/leading fellow architects on the projects.
• Flexible and effective to work on-site as well remotely, efficiently.
• Be educated to degree level or equivalent and architecture certified e.g. BCS Solution Development, SAFe, TOGAF
About The Company
As an employee, we encourage you to take control of your career. We invest in our people, with regular opportunities for training and development. And later, if you're looking for a new challenge, we actively champion internal progression.
We have a whole range of different ways to support you, both in your role and wider wellbeing. Our flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies also help to make sure you are happy and in control of your work-life balance.
And we're committed to being by your side for as long as you want to be part of our story.