Senior QA Test Engineer
About The Role
A great time to join us at Coventry Building Society through this time of change. An opportunity has opened up in the Quality Engineering team to work on some of the society's key projects and programmes.
As a core member of the team you'll use your expert knowledge and industry experience to drive adoption of changes and strive for continuous improvements and opportunities for innovation. With excellent knowledge of the full testing lifecycle and experience with technical testing you'll be advising on strategies and approaches. Communicating with teams across the Quality Engineering community and society. With a keen eye for detail you'll have a quality driven mind set.
Highly experienced and technically proficient person who possess leadership qualities and excellent knowledge of testing practices, technologies and processes.
Key Skills / Responsibilities:
• Experience in both technical and manual testing techniques including functional and non-functional testing
• Experience of leading the test effort on projects including agile
• Proven track record of coaching and mentoring colleagues
• Strong appreciation of application architectures, infrastructure, database deployments
• Technically competent in at least one programing language
• Practitioner in at least one of the following areas:
o Load and Performance testing, ideally using JMeter or LoadRunner
o Functional Automation, ideally using Selenium
o API testing with ReadyAPI or SoapUI
• Strong experience of implementing solutions against a strategy, supported by exceptional persuading and influencing skills
• Ensure the team collectively take responsibility for quality and drive the importance of shift left approach within teams
• Comfortable delivering across multiple projects whilst maintaining standards and best practice
• Collaborative approach to working across multifunctional teams
• Drive for continuous learning
• A strong team player who has the communication skills to work with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization
• Understanding of Behavior Driven Development
• ISTQB Advanced Level Testing Certification, Certified Agile Tester or equivalent
• Experience of working within Communities of Practice
• Experience of TDD / BDD development techniques
• Knowledge or experience of testing Mobile Apps
• Knowledge or experience working with CI/CD tools
• Knowledge or experience working within DevOps
• Knowledge or experience with Cloud Technologies, Networking, Selenium Grid, Containerisation Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), TestNG
Internally this role is known as Senior Quality Engineer - Development
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.