Senior Financial Control Accountant
About The Role
The Society's Finance function is embarking on an exciting transformation project and we are looking for a Senior Financial Control Accountant to support us in this journey. You'll take a lead role in supporting the design and implementation of a robust end to end control framework that will provide on-going assessment and monitoring of governance, risk and control needed to ensure the integrity of our Financial results.
You'll be a key contributor to driving value add analysis, assessing policies for our processes and systems, ensuring risks and controls for operational and reporting departments within Finance are adhered to and frequently reviewed for accuracy and relevance in line with the Societies risk matrix. You'll be build relationships with key contacts across Finance and beyond, identifying and escalating potential issues, recommending improvements and embedding a culture of compliance and best practice is fundamental to the role.
You'll organise frequent testing and evaluate the outputs against the documented policies and procedures and provide oversight to Senior Management while continuously updating and improving the framework so it is always fit for purpose.
You'll also participate in signing off reconciliations and authorising payments as per policies and mandates within Finance.
You'll be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) ACA/ACCA/CIMA and have a good awareness of LEAN principles.
You'll have experience of Financial Control including;
- Creating Policies to align with reporting and regulatory needs
- Embedding end to end procedures for processes in operational and reporting departments.
- Thorough understanding of risks and mitigating controls including escalation processes and stakeholder communication.
- Practical experience in identifying and implementing improvements to drive change.
- Ability to challenge, negotiate and influence stakeholders of all levels.
You will have the following key attributes:
- Ability to confidently express opinions and provide advice to colleagues.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, including excel.
- A curious nature and the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Effective leadership skills.
- A solid understanding on what best practice policies, procedures and process flows look like - with a holistic view of systems and interfaces.
- A keen eye for detail - thorough and accurate with excellent reconciliation, reporting, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Approachable and willing to share knowledge with others.
- The ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation including external partners
The closing date for applications is 23rd September 2021
About The Company