- £39,992-£47,722 per annum
- Coventry, England, United Kingdom Coventry England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- The University of Warwick
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
You will provide technical expertise in the development, support and implementation of teaching and learning systems and applications such as Moodle, Mahara, video streaming, VLE repositories, and e-assessment tools.
The implementation will be a collaborative one, building on existing relationships with a variety of key stakeholder departments, and the role will provide the necessary institutional and system level overview that will allow for a coherent and robust teaching and learning platform across the University.
You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and managing various teaching and learning applications, and for the design and development of system & data integration solutions between learning support systems and other Warwick systems.
This role a 3-year fixed term post focusing on work related to the Student Personalised Information (SPI) Programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, maintaining and managing various teaching and learning applications.
- Responsible for design and development of system & data integration solutions between learning support systems and other Warwick systems.
- Work with customers across a wide range of departments to configure and customise the application to meet their needs within an institutional context.
- Providing support and troubleshooting technical problems at institution, departmental and user level.
- Monitor systems and undertake enhancements as appropriate to improve reliability and functionality.
- Liaising with software suppliers, Higher Education institutions and other external organisations.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for IT solutions to streamline business processes.
- Participate, as appropriate, in cross-functional incident and problem management initiatives to ensure continuity of service.
- Work with IT and other specialist staff, as required, to develop and support the learning support service.
- Managing both individual and team projects.
- Providing training to administrative staff and IT colleagues as required.
- Other duties commensurate with the scope and grading of the role.