Data & MI Test Lead
About The Role
We're looking for a Data & MI Test Lead to undertake test analysis, test design and test execution of the data warehouse and the MI reporting software systems associated with the delivery of quality IT solutions.
You'll be responsible for Test planning, monitoring and control of test phases with efficient communication skills and the ability to report status's to the stakeholders. In the role you'll review test design techniques within ETL and database testing writing test scripts to deconstruct complex functional requirements and technical specifications into detailed test conditions. Designing & executing manual and automated test cases to identify defects and providing quality assurance of system changes prior to release into production.
You'll also support the mentoring of trainee test analysts and provide guidance to UAT analysts during the User Acceptance Test phase.
• A proven testing background with a solid understanding and experience of the Software Development Lifecycle, testing methodologies and techniques.
• Experienced with industry standard software development lifecycles inc. Agile development methodologies
• SQL experience with advanced SQL scripting for Test Preparation
• Proven Experience in software testing of database, Data Quality, ETL and Reports/Extracts
• Proven experience in understanding of DW architecture, the data modelling and the reporting platform
• Proven experience in working on data and migration projects
• Exposure/Experience of using automation tools for data quality, reconciliations, performance and the ETL Testing
• Advanced SQL scripting (joins, unions, minus, correlated sub queries and DML operations etc.)
• Understanding of DW/BI architecture and worked with BI Projects
ETL - Expereince of one or more of the below or similar :
• IBM InfoSphere (Full Suite)
• Informatica Power Centre
• Microsoft SSIS/SSAS
Database - Experience of one or more of the below or similar:
• SQL Server
Reporting/Analytics Expereince of one or more of the below or similar:
• Cognos Report/Query Studio v10
• Business Objects XI
• JIRA, QuerySurge, Confluence
• Desirables : QMetry, Informatica DVO
• Certified knowledge of the software testing process through ISTQB qualification is desirable.
Other essential information:
• Certified or training knowledge of Data warehousing or Business Intelligence or any analytics platform
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Good team player who is capable of working on their own initiative and worked on matrix management
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to think logically and create test cases and scripts which thoroughly test all aspects of system changes ensuring quality solutions.
• Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timescales.
Internally this role is known as Senior Quality Engineer - Development.
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.