Research Analyst – Western Europe, Scandinavia, and the Baltic Republics
Jane's by IHS Markit is seeking a Research Analyst to join its Military Capabilities Team for a fixed term until mid-September 2020. The Military Capabilities Team provides comprehensive data and reference information on the world's armed forces, as well as analysis on military capabilities.
The primary task of the Research Analyst will be to update, structure, and refine the Jane's World Air Forces, Jane's World Armies, Jane's World Navies, and Sentinel products. In addition, the Research Analyst will support other Jane's products as needed. Responsibilities:
- Comprehensively and continuously review and update air force, army, navy, armed forces, and strategic weapon content for Western Europe (with special attention to the United Kingdom and France), Scandinavia, and the Baltic Republics (and other countries assigned as needed).
- Particular emphasis on researching, verifying, and updating data pertaining to Orders of Battle and military installations and maintaining this in a structured database.
- Manage contractors as needed to assist in researching and updating content.
- Undertake consulting projects as required, including creation of reports and possibly presentation to customers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of military and security subject matter.
- Research experience, with an emphaisis on the use of primary sources.
- Ability to synthesise information to provide analysis and insight.
- Ability to sift through large amounts of data and parse information from various sources.
- Excellent attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to adapt quickly to work process changes. Accept new challenges and roles as and when assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to comprehend English texts.
- Comfortable briefing both internal and external clients.
- Conversant with MS Office, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable learning to use specialised database and content management systems.
- Proven ability to be both self-motivated and a team player.
- Relevant languages (especially French).
- University Bachelor's/Master's Degree (International Relations/Defense and Strategic Studies/Defense and National Security Studies) or equivalent.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.