Senior Business Control Specialist
- Chester, England, United Kingdom Chester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Senior Business Control Specialist
Corporate Title: Vice President
Line of Business: FICC Core Operations and Derivatives
Our Chester Office are looking for an individual to join the Operations Risk and Control (OR&C) Team as a Senior Business Control Specialist. This team is a global team and they are responsible for the implementation of operational risk management policies, procedures, and standards for FICC Core Operations and Derivatives The team is responsible for Challenging and reviewing aspects of the Risk Control framework that is in place across the Line of Business to ensure that they are being correctly implemented and have effective tools for tracking, measuring and reducing risk in Operations.
In return we not only offer the training and support you'd expect from a leading global bank but also the opportunity to grow your career right here in Chester. With exposure to a variety of financial products and the continued year-on-year growth of the team, we can offer excellent mobility and development.
As a Senior Business Control Specialist your responsibilities will involve:
- Chair monthly risk reviews with the line of business you support
- Challenge the line of business on their controls and evidence of control design & effectiveness
- Review and assess all operational events generated by your line of business, identifying thematics where appropriate
- Review/approve the raising & remediation for audit issues (including self-identified)
- Review the Risk self-assessment by the line of business
- Proactive Risk Partner for the line of business head (FDCO SLT member)
- Deep dive investigations of significant risk and control issues
- Understand and communicate impact on line of business of all relevant enterprise/regulatory led initiatives
As a Senior Business Control Specialist your skills/competencies will include:
- Proven ability to implement process control improvements
- Ability to identify risks and related mitigation efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good collaboration, influence, and relationship management skills
- Good organization skills with the ability to prioritize requests and workload accordingly
- Experience within an Operational Risk role within a corporate / investment banking
- Experience in a Global Markets environment
- Experience Operational Risk Management or Change Management
- Understanding of the front-to-back trade life-cycle
- Experience with Regulatory compliance
- Experience of operational risk policies and procedures.
- At ease communicating with senior LOB managers and explain complex solutions into layman's terms
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good sense of judgment, knows when to escalate and how to manage expectations
- Able to work well with various stakeholder groups, engaging them appropriately.
- Able to work in an agile manner and thrives in a fast paced varied role
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Experience of project management skills including requirements gathering, planning, reporting, prioritisation, issue and risk management
- Able to influence and promote ideas and solutions
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.