Manual Compliance Testing Specialist
- Chester, England, United Kingdom Chester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Manual Compliance Testing Specialist
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Global Risk
Bank of America Merrill Lynch are seeking a talented Manual Compliance Testing Specialist to join the EMEA Manual Compliance and Ops Risk Testing team.
You will be exposed to various lines of business of the Bank and trading products (equity, equity derivatives, fixed income and fixed income derivatives) on-exchange and on an OTC basis. The environment is a dynamic one, especially suitable for individuals who are keen to succeed, speak up and make their mark.
The role involves a significant degree of interface with EMEA Line of Business Compliance and Ops Risk, and there is a solid culture of recognition and reward within the team.
Besides exposure through the role per se, we also offer a whole suite of learning packages about different business and product types, as well as soft skills. Therefore a great opportunity for career progression is there for those who want it.
As a Manual Compliance Testing Specialist your main responsibilities will involve:
- Undertake Compliance and Ops Risk Manual Testing to assess adherence to Law, Rules, Regulations and processes
- Work with other team members on the development and implementation of manual Compliance and Ops Risk tests in EMEA
- Close liaison with Line of Business, Control Functions, Compliance and Ops Risk teams to investigate and resolve possible findings in a timely manner
- Accountable for quality manual Compliance and Ops Risk testing, including analyzing the findings and escalating the results to the owners of the tests
- Produce written reports to communicate findings, including the identification of themes and trends
- Participate in the ongoing development of and enhancements to policies and procedures of the Enterprise Independent Testing Manual Compliance and Ops Risk Testing team in EMEA
- Take an active role in projects within with EMEA Manual Compliance and Ops Risk Testing team and the broader Enterprise Independent Testing Team
As a Manual Compliance Testing Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of a previous Compliance Monitoring and Testing or Audit role
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of specific regulatory environments associated with EMEA
- Understanding of core business lines, and both Equity and FICC related products
- Sound oral and written communication skills and a willingness to speak up
- Experience of Compliance and Ops Risk monitoring and testing methodologies and techniques
- Ability to work under pressure
- Motivated and reliable, able to demonstrate an ability to go about day-to-day responsibilities methodically, able to meet regular deadlines
- Communicates with Impact,
- Acts with Courage and Conviction
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Drives Operational Excellence
- Applies Critical Thinking
- Demonstrates Attention to Detail
- Demonstrates Integrity
- Executes Independent Compliance and Ops Risk Monitoring & Testing
- Applies Knowledge of Basic Sampling Methodologies
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.