Information Protection Analyst
- Chester, England, United Kingdom Chester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
Information Protection Analyst
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President (AVP)
Line of Business: Global Information Security (GIS)
An exciting opportunity as an Information Protection Analyst is available for a talented individual to work in our Chester office. You will be responsible in aiding to protect Bank of America from Insider Threat.
You will have the opportunity to work for a truly Global Information Security team underpinned by leading edge tools and processes and subject matter expertise. You will gain experience of operating in a technically complex, fast changing and dynamic environment.
Bank of America GIS encourages career mobility and this role provides the opportunity to be part of a team where development and advancement is actively supported.
As an Information Protection Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for carrying out analysis of Information Protection (IP) high risk controls
- Taking ownership to identify and assess the appropriate outcome for the violation and manage through
- Clear and concise communication and partnership of events through to remediation
- Working in tandem with the Cyber Security teams to support their initiatives and achieve Global Information Security (GIS) goals
- To identify, escalate and debate all risks in line with the bank's framework
- By analyzing events/metrics and escalation data, identify patterns and trends on high risk controls and proactively suggest, develop and implement enhancements to reduce risk
As an Information Protection Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience within a similar job role
- Good communicator and able to adapt language based on audience
- Ability to influence, interact and negotiate
- Experience detecting Insider Threats and placing controls within an organization to protect against these threats
- CISSP, CISSM, Comptia Security/A/N+, CCNA
- Basic understanding of networking systems, security vulnerabilities, exploits and attacks
- Good understanding of how TCP/IP networks function
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning and adjusts to changing demands and requirements
- Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of external customers/clients and internal business partners
- Influence decisions and outcomes through effective communications (both in writing and when speaking) using clear, concise and simple language
- Able to adapt communication style to the audience
- Demonstrates the capability of working in a team environment and collaborating with oversea partners
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employme