EMEA Service Desk Analyst
- Chester, England, United Kingdom Chester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
EMEA Service Desk Analyst
Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: Workspace Services
Within CTO (Chief Technology Operations) sits the Global Service Desk which provides a Single Point of Contact for users/customers on a day-to-day basis for all of their IT requirements. The purpose of the Service Desk is to troubleshoot problems via telephone or provide guidance about products such as computers, electronic equipment or software. Currently our Service Desk consists of over 300 people globally across EMEA, US and APAC providing a 24/7 service to our customers.
CTO is seeking to hire a Service Desk Analyst to join our new Global Service Desk in Chester. You will be responsible and accountable for carrying out day to day tasks of the IT Service Desk function- taking calls, working with internal bank employees, resolving their issues and answering IT queries.
The Service Desk currently deals with approximately 550 calls per day increasing constantly. In addition, you will be actively taking part in driving industry best practice within the team and working globally with your counterparts to continue to develop a world class service desk. The Chester service desk was opened in 2017 and is planned to evolve into a full IT support desk, offering high quality client interactions and first contact resolution where possible so this is a really exciting team to join.
As the EMEA Service Desk Analyst your role and responsibilities will be:
- Provide a consistent and customer focused approach when dealing with all telephone calls
- Troubleshoot and provide first contact resolution where possible
- Log tickets with accurate and clear information including priority
- Direct call routing to support teams and escalation where required
- Use and maintain existing processes and procedures towards achieving SLA
- Ensure training and development plans are maintained for your own personal development
As the EMEA Service Desk Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Dependable Customer Service background
- Excellent written, verbal, communication skills
- Work well as a team and build relationships to the global partners
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to multitask and maintain focus on all areas of responsibility concurrently
- Background Experience with an IT support role supporting a large user base
- Good understanding and knowledge of clients, technology and processes supported within the Service Desk environment
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- ITIL Certifications/Understanding/Awareness
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.