- Chester, England, United Kingdom Chester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: Global Information Security (GIS)
Our Chester office is seeking a Business Support professional to join our GIS area. The Global Information Security team is responsible for information security strategy, policy and programming. This includes managing and operating a global security operations centre and developing, deploying and managing a risk-based controls portfolio.
GIS in EMEA continues to evolve to support the firm to protect against the evolving cyber threats. This role offers a great opportunity to make a difference and be part of a growing team. The role will be part of the GIS EMEA COO organisation and report directly to the GIS EMEA Business Support Manager (BSM). The incumbent will need to learn quickly and will have a good working knowledge of GIS business practices and information security principles.
As Business Support your main responsibilities will involve:
- Support with the on-boarding of all new GIS staff and contractors
- Performing diverse, advanced and confidential administrative support functions including composing correspondence on behalf of the GIS management team
- Contribute to COO monthly reporting routines, including collating GIS monthly scorecard
- Providing operational analysis, identification and resolution of work flow issues, associate training, service quality, process improvement, etc.
- Maintaining email distribution groups and organisational charts where applicable
- Coordinating SLT diaries, room bookings and expense submissions
- Maintaining occupancy records and support the BSM for all occupancy issues
- Managing business continuity for GIS in EMEA
As Business Support your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A self-starter with the ability to build relationships throughout the business
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment working to tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to produce and present management progress and status reports
- Broad technical understanding of the systems used by the bank
- Is structured and organised and able to provide administrative support to senior management
- Good understanding of different Data Loss Prevention controls and framework
- Good understanding of Symantec DLP with expertise knowledge of regex
- Platform visualisation knowledge is key for QA and metric proficiency
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning new technologies/software and adjusts to changing demands and requirements
- Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of external customers and clients and internal business partners
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communications (written and spoken) using clear and concise language
- Able to adapt communication style to the audience
- Demonstrates the capability of working in a team environment and collaborating with overseas partners
- Able to work independently
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.